The English Language Training Enhancement Course (ELTEC) is a practical course to develop essential communication and language skills for NATO/PfP. You will also learn how to use English Language skills to respond to many different situations in NATO and other international meetings that you can encounter.
This course is divided into ten sections:
- Direct and Concise Language – In this section, you will learn how to edit and modify sentences for directness and conciseness.
- Cohesion (Types of Transitions) – In this section, you will learn the difference between transitions of logic and thought, as well as how to select proper transitions in written communication.
- The tone in Written Communications – In this section, the objective is to raise awareness of tone’s effect on readers in written communication. You will learn the best wording to use tone in writing.
- Parallel Structure – In this section, you will be provided with information on how to use parallel structure in writing.
- Gender-Neutral Language – In this section, you will be presented with good practices to avoid using gender-specific pronouns for gender-mixed groups.
- Common Phrases – In this section, you will become familiarized with multiple options for common professional phrases, as well as learn how to use common NATO phrases to achieve a professional style in writing.
- Using “the” – In this section, you will learn how to identify nouns that require a preceding “the”.
- NATO Spelling – In this section, you will be provided information on how to use the Oxford English spelling for NATO documents, as well as how to identify common spelling mistakes and correct them.
- Hyphen Usage – In this section, you will learn simple rules on how to use proper hyphens in words used together as adjectives.
- Comma Usage – In this section, you will earn how to identify and use proper comma phrases, as well as practice using commas in writing
Upon completion of the course, the option to generate a certificate with a personalized QR code will be made available. After obtaining the certificate, the participant will not be able to access the course resource again. For commercial courses, such access will be provided.